About Me

My Photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
I created this blog in the 8th grade at 13 years old. With this blog I hope to help children and teens answer questions about living a happy and healthy lifestyle with Arthritis and Lupus. I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE at 7 years old and JRA Juvenille Rheumetoid Arthritis at 2 years old. And I have recently been diagnosed with Stills Disease. I have been able to live a very active lifestyle with the support of my family and friends.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lupus LA Conference

I attended the Lupus LA meeting at Cedars Sinai Medical Center on June 28th, 2008. There were four speakers; Mariko Ishimori, MD, Daniel J. Wallace, MD, Ram Singh, MD, and Swamy Venuturpali, MD. Dr. Ishimori spoke about "How do we  diagnose Lupus?" and the difficulties in doing so. Dr. Wallace spoke on "New Therapies for Lupus." and approvals with the FDA. Dr. Singh spoke on "Two Neighbors, Sex and Damage: New Stories of Lupus from the Singh Laboratory" this lecture was very scientific on studies with mice. Dr. Venuturupalli spoke on "Complementary and Alternative treatments". The conference ran from 8:00-1:00pm and they served breakfast and lunch. (The Food was Great!) I got to meet and exchange information with other lupus patients. I suggest that younger patients should come to these conferences. I am 13 and there was another 18 year old there.

-Venice the "Blogmaster"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
It was nice to meet you at the conference Saturday! Your blog is a great idea! I really really liked the comments about expressing thanks for the teachers and others that help you! YES! That is something most adults need to still learn!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Teresa!